Friday, March 19, 2010

The Speck

It is my birthday. This year bothers me much less then the last for some reason. Maybe it is because I have gone past that big bad number 40 which has been taboo since I was a kid.
As I sit and smoke a cig I can look to the distance and see the sun slowly setting on the horizon. In the same view i can watch as the cars go by and the people walk by. It really is a strange life we lead, so caught up in ourselves and our little self-made worlds that we never realize how small we really are. We just go along thinking we are the be all end all of existence when we are not even a speck upon the universe. I think I will spend this birthday thanking god, or whoever for making me able to realize how small I am and knowing enough to appreciate who I am nonetheless.....

1 comment:

  1. We are sooo small, and I wouldn't want it any other way

    ReplyDelete