Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I am going to Hell

I was told I was damned to hell today by a member of my family. I am not that worried about going to hell what worries me more is the reasons given for my trip to the devils door. Does God really need me to go to church every Sunday? Should I take a book of 2000 year old stories and use it to live my life by? Should I take those lessons literally? Should I follow another persons thinking on how those lessons apply to modern times, or should I apply my own translations to fit my life?

Should I follow a creator who demands I worship him even though the mind and body he/it/her gave me does not feel that is what it should do? I wont do any of those things. I will continue to do the best I can to be fair, it wont always work and I will make some mistakes but I will try to learn from them. I will have compassion for others and I will speak out against actions which I think are wrong. I will keep an open mind to the thoughts/feelings of others. I will be thankful for the time I have on earth and I will not live my life based on reasoning which has its roots in the phrase "just because"

If that results in my going to hell than so be it at least I will be in good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment