Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'll Pass On That

I'd like to post a public service announcement for all of you people out there who think you are safe, secure or smart when in reality you are none of the above.
 The FBI has come out with it's list of the most common passwords. Before I list it I'd like to tell you a couple of things.
   Anonymous has posted public information about police departments and posted credit card data from several sites including SpecialForces.com & Stratfor Global Intelligence. A local chain of  'LUCKY' supermarkets found out recently they has 'skimmers' attached to the self-checkout lanes. Lucky says at least 24 Bay area stores have been affected. I have had my ATM card 'canceled' by my bank twice in the last 6 months because of unknown reasons. All the bank would tell me is my card was 'at risk'. I'm glad they saved my card from certain harm but it still left me with an uneasy feeling.
 Times are changing and we are only going to see more of these types of behavior so please try not to make it easier for them to happen.
 I can tell you for a fact this list is pretty good. I hope my posting it will be used by the reader for good and not evil. In the meantime CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS often and don't make em obvious, like these...

 
password
123456
12345678
qwerty
abc123
monkey
1234567
letmein
trustno1

dragon
baseball
111111
iloveyou
master
sunshine
ashley
bailey
passw0rd

shadow
123123
654321
superman
qazwsx
michael
football

No comments:

Post a Comment