Thursday, September 30, 2010

The web we weave

I watched a spider build his web, tonight.
I had just got off the phone with my father when my girlfriend called me over to see the insect build his new trap.
The spider was a genius. I watched as he built his new trap under a light outside my front door.
As I thought about the spider and the conversation I had just had with my father a thought came to mind.
We all build our webs. Sometimes we build them in a bad place, never having any hope to catch a damn thing. Other times we think it through and we build our web in a great spot.
I watch as the spider plans, he weaves, he works to make all his effort worth it.
Sometimes it does not matter how much you plan and count on things to work, all your effort is for naught. It was nice to watch as this little insect built his home and know that it would more likely than not work out quite well for him. If only we could all be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment