Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pat Robertson...The Real Devil

A horrible thing happened. this was followed by several good actions and another horrible one.
Pat Robertson had the nerve to say the people of Haiti had made 'a deal with the devil' to get the French out of their country. Suggesting....no implying that that action, which he called a 'true story' was somehow connected to the 7.0 quake in Haiti.
I remember Pat Robertson from when I was young. My grandma would watch the 700 Club..religiously. Even when I was young I knew there was something wrong with the way she followed what the people on that program had to say and contributed to their cause. It was much like the feeling I got when she watched soap operas....religiously.
Pat Robertson has many people thinking, or believing I should say, god speaks through him. Mr. Robertson was,and maybe still is, interested in becoming the leader of our country. The thought of that happening gives me a very cold chill down my spine.
I have the feeling, an I really hope it is correct, that good old evil Pat does not speak for the majority of Christians. I also have the feeling that Pat has now risen, or sunk to the same level of people such as Rush 'dickhead' Limbaugh and Bill 'blood on my hands' O'Reilly.
Not that I have ever liked Pat 'I have no compassion' Robertson and I am well aware of the fact he has earned the right to be put in such a category long ago but to suggest that the people suffering, crying, and dying in Haiti somehow brought it on themselves by making a deal with a force that does not exist is sickening, stupid, and very dangerous.
We need to help the people in Haiti and not start suggesting that the devil did it. People like Robertson will stunt our progression on so many levels it is frightening.
I honestly hope his 700 club house has a quake of it's own resulting in his ignorance suffering it's own death.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing that some of the people who profess to be the staunchest of Christians are guilty of some of the more un-Christ like behavior I've ever seen..

    ReplyDelete